Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
Hi there! I’m Renée, it’s nice to meet you. Let me tell you a bit more about myself. In 2019 my partner and I left the Netherlands to follow our dream: Discovering the world! This was at the same time that I started teaching Dutch online. Until this day I have been working full time for several online language platforms (like Amazing Talker and LanguaTalk) and love every second of it but working for other companies also made me realize that I wanted to start my own business and that’s why I founded Dutch and You.
Before I started teaching Dutch online, I worked for an international company for about 11 years. There I also trained new colleagues, was a writing coach for a while and followed several courses to improve my didactic skills. It really helped me to prepare for the next chapter in my career: teaching Dutch!
I am very passionate about teaching, always have been. It is something that I thoroughly enjoy doing and nothing makes me happier than seeing you reach your language goals. It’s nice to be a part of your journey. It doesn’t matter if you have no knowledge or already know some Dutch, I have a customized plan for everyone! And also very important, the atmosphere in class is relaxed, fun, and structured.
When I am not teaching Dutch, I am writing a life/food blog, trying out new recipes, practicing photography, discovering the city I’m in, or planning the next destination to live.
Why should you take lessons with me?
- I am hardworking, reliable, passionate, and fun to work with.
- Every lesson is adjusted to your level and your needs.
- I am your personal motivator, because there will be a point in time where you feel less motivated, or life takes over and it’s hard to stay motivated. Don’t worry, I’m here for you!
- I will always provide you with honest feedback and will do everything in my power to help you reach your goals. We are in this together!
- Over the years I’ve helped many students reach a good level of Dutch, and also helped them pass their Integration Exams. Till this day I still have a 100% success rate!!
Some random facts about me
When I’m not teaching, I’m likely:
- Exploring new cities. Every 3 months we move to a new city and country.
- Feeding dogs and cats that live on the streets. (I’m what they call ‘a crazy cat lady’)
- Trying out new recipes for my blog: Happy Life Decisions.
- Playing pool and trying out new craft beers with my partner. We both played in an amateur poolteam and love IPA’s and sours.
A few of my favorite things:
- Food: Lasagne and cupcakes!!
- Color: Blue
- Place: Georgetown – Malaysia and Perth – West Australia
- TV Shows and movies: Friends, The Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Stranger Things, all Lethal Weapon movies, Criminal Minds, or any true crime show or documentary
- Singers/bands: I like almost all kinds of music, but I have a soft spot for 60’s & 70’s rock music and Whitney Houston.
Other facts about me
- So far, we have lived in the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Vietnam and Malaysia, and yes it was just as amazing as it sounds!
- I was a trained hairdresser when I was young and still cut my own hair and that of my partner.
- I love photographing nature! In 2021 I bought my first real camera and every chance I get; I’m out and about taking pictures of almost anything nature related.
- Cooking is something I love to do, and I especially like to cook vegetarian!
Am I the teacher you want to work with?
Then book your trial lesson now! The button below will take you straight to my booking page. I can’t wait to meet you!