Hi there! I’m Renée. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
In 2019 my partner and I left the Netherlands to follow our dream: Discovering the world! This was at the same time that I started teaching Dutch online, and until now I have been working full time for several online language platforms (like Amazing Talker and LanguaTalk). But I’ve been teaching various topics and learning about teaching much longer!
Before I started teaching Dutch online, I worked for an international company for about 11 years. There I also trained new colleagues, was a writing coach for a while and followed several courses to improve my didactic skills. It really helped me to prepare for the next chapter in my career: teaching Dutch!
I am very passionate about teaching, always have been. It is something that I thoroughly enjoy doing and nothing makes me happier than seeing you reach your language goals. It’s nice to be a part of your journey. It doesn’t matter if you have no knowledge or already know some Dutch, I have a customized plan for everyone! And also very important, the atmosphere in class is relaxed and fun, but structured.
When I am not teaching Dutch, I am writing a life/food blog, trying out new recipes, practicing photography, discovering the city I’m in, or planning the next destination to live.
So why should you take lessons with me?
- I am hardworking, reliable, passionate, and fun to work with.
- Every lesson is adjusted to your level and your needs.
- I am your personal motivator, because there will be a point in time where you feel less motivated, or life takes over and it’s hard to stay motivated. Don’t worry, I’m here for you!
- I will always provide you with honest feedback and will do everything in my power to help you reach your goals. We are in this together!
- Over the years I’ve helped many students reach a good level of Dutch, and also helped them pass their Integration Exams. Till this day I still have a 100% success rate!!
Some random facts about me
When I’m not teaching, I’m likely:
- Exploring new cities. We move every 3 months to a new location.
- Feeding dogs and cats that live on the streets. (I’m what they call ‘a crazy cat lady’)
- Trying out new recipes for my blog.
- Relaxing with my partner on the beach.
A few of my favorite things:
- Food: Lasagne and cupcakes!!
- Color: Blue
- Place: Georgetown – Malaysia and Perth – West Australia
- TV Shows: Friends, The Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Stranger Things, Criminal Minds, or any true crime show or documentary
- Singer: Whitney Houston and Beyoncé
Other facts about me
- So far, I have lived in the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Vietnam and Malaysia, and yes it was just as amazing as it sounds!
- I was a trained hairdresser when I was young and still cut my own hair and that of my partner.
- I love photographing nature! In 2021 I bought my first real camera and every chance I get; I’m out and about taking pictures of almost anything nature related.
- Cooking is something I love to do and in January 2022 I decided to become vegetarian. It inspired my cooking a lot and I discover new dishes almost every week!
Want to take lessons with me?
If I sound like the teacher you want to work with, what are you waiting for?! The button below will take you to my booking page so you can book your FREE trial lesson. Use the code: FREETRIAL.
Plan your first lesson now! I can’t wait to hear from you!